Wednesday 13 May 2009

POWELL FLU SCARE!!

A minor hiatus emerged from the closing stages of the Trackspeed1 pre-season training camp in Florida this week, as head coach, John Powell, revealed that he had been tested for Swine Flu!

Powell, who has suffered a winter full of flu and colds, contracted the symptoms on Tuesday, and decided to play safe and seek medical opinion.  "It was quite straight forward," said John, "the verdict was that only half the expression applied to me, and that certainly wasn't the flu part!"

Today (Wednesday) he was fit enough to train in the gym alongside his athletes, so hopefully the scare is now firmly behind him.  

"I'm on a bit of a fitness crusade here," he said, "and I'm just hoping I can adjust my routine to keep things going when I get home."

No comments:

Post a Comment